Institution for Blind was established in 1939 in Lahore for Visually Impaired Children and post Independence it migrated to Delhi.
After migration to Delhi, the land was provided by one of the donors on behest of Father of the Nation - Mahatma Gandhi. This is an oldest Blind School in the country and the building was completely constructed by Donations. More than 110 Divyang Children are enrolled in the institution from all over India in the age group of 5 to 15 years. These children are taught and trained at the institution without any discrimination of caste, color and creed.
Institution for Blind s providing free education up to Middle school as per the syllabus of Government of NCT Delhi. They also provide specialized training on Braille. Along with the vocational training to the student, the institute provides free lodging, Boarding, Books, Stationery and Medical Facilities.
In the present situation, the institute is working with various corporates and Government of NCT and Central Government to provide self employment opportunities to visually impaired students which is essential socially for visually Impaired students.